Tuesday, July 4, 2017

More 17th century writing

I have one more Chateaux and Shadows book I want to edit and submit, but I haven't done it yet, so it will be quite a while until it gets published. If ever, because I don't know if I can really make that thing coherent. On the other hand, I am starting all over again, trying to write Dario's story (he's the sone of the couple from book 1: Indispensable Wife. Oh oops, spoiler alert on if they ever have a baby...), which I got halfway through. I'm only reaching for a novella on it.

I'm giving the dark, silent secretary from Melisande a point of view. I've been turning the name Apolonio over in my head for at least a year and a half, since I saw it on the name tag of the assistant manager at a Carl's Jr. I've been wondering who Monsieur Arbois really is for much longer than that. Well, no more spoilers, but I'm just starting to figure it out myself. I'm 5000 words in (2k today!) and parts parallel my earlier attempt, but some is new territory.

I really like this stage of writing a book, when things surprise me.

I'm trying to do a 30,000 word CampNanowrimo this month, which is a mere thousand words a day. So far so good, though it was only from last weekend and today. Regular work weeks might kill me too much to keep up.

Right. Off to get dinner ready. Maybe another writing sprint afterward. Nothing but party here, Chez Lodge.

She's not a witch...OR IS SHE?
15 days until Melisande!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment