Friday, October 14, 2016

All about the running

I have about half an hour before I have to leave again.

Today's been about running. Not actual, you know, jogging or anything, because my knees and hips and lungs can't handle that, but about the driving here and there. Luckily, after the morning dropping kids at school part, I went and had coffee with a friend whom I don't get to see very often anymore. So that part was run-free.

Then grocery store, then picking boys up (they had exams and got out at noon), then lunch, then handling various paperwork and stuff...

And because I only have half an hour, I'm just not going to get any writing work done until after I get my daughter from school. Might as well blog!

Next week, I have stuff every morning from Monday through Saturday and my daughter gets out at noon Wed-Fri for teacher conferences. It's going to be juggling. Not evil-clown type of juggling, but expert mom juggling.

All that to say I'm not sure what I need to do and don't know what time I'll have to do it.

I haven't done any promo for the Christmas novella and it's at least time for that to come out. Maybe next year. Maybe when I get my new adult books ready to come out, I'll get the Xmas one out or use it as a freebie. Hmmm... This one isn't new adult, but it's set at the same college. (Also set at that college is a paranormal romance I wrote years and years ago. I'm afraid to look at it, to be honest.)

So ARG.

I get caught up in the day-to-day stuff and fail to plan ahead. 

Speaking of which, I need to get some reviewers on board for the French historical novella I have coming out in January. I don't have the exact date yet, so have to plan vaguely, which doesn't work for scheduling promo.

Until then.... sneaking in the first glimpse of my novella cover...


When their orderly world falls apart, love is the base on which they rebuild.
Henri de Cantière has been surly since he returned from visiting his family at Versailles, but doesn’t want to burden Marcel Fourbier, his longtime lover, with his problems. He can’t sleep and hurts all over at exactly the time when everything else seems to be falling apart.

Marcel can barely keep up with his usual duties of running their household and creating beautiful furniture in the de Cantière factory, then more burdens fall on his shoulders. His estranged Huguenot family condemns him to hell but wants his help, a man attacks him in a dark street, an arsonist tries to destroy the factory, and Henri’s beloved sister-in-law, the lady who has been like a sister to Marcel, has been in labor for several days and is weakening.

Most of all, Marcel wants to cure Henri, the man who holds his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment